Sunday, October 14, 2012

Nostalgia

I've been feeling homesick this last week so in accordance with that I'm going to post a list of things I miss (a disturbing amount of which is food related, it's what happens when you write hungry).
  • My Family- always first on the list but especially bad becuase they had 2 birthdays this week and I missed both of them
  • Driving- Mass Transit is just not very reliable here, even when they aren't on strike
  • Mac and chz- The only way I can find it here is in a Heinz can and I'm sorry but Heinz just shouldn't do anything but ketchup
  • Fountain drinks- I never would have realized how much of a difference it makes, but here it all comes in bottles or very small cups with little to no ice. I just want to hit a Sonic so bad it hurts
  • Taco Bell- I'm convinced they put something addictive in the food, I would kill for a chicken quesidilla
  • Coffee!!!! It's not that they don't have coffee here, it just isn't any good, at all. That's probably because they all drink tea
  • Volunteering- It's not like I'm Mother Teresa while I'm at home or anything but here I'm not allowed to volunteer per the conditions of my visa
  • Working- I never thought I would say this put having a part-time job has always made me feel a little bit more productive, even when I only worked 2 or 3 days a week
  • Church- obviously there are churches here, but one of my main motivators for going to church is fellowship with the people I love
  • Outback- I think it's just because I can't have it, because it's not as if I frequent Outback regularly when I'm at home
  • Red Robin's garlic fries- it blows my mind that despite the fact that people here eat chips probably twice a day they have never bothered to put garlic and parmesan on them, or ranch, or chz and bacon. They do put chz on chips, but it isn't melted and they put chili on them, but they won't put chz on top of the chili. Although they do have some crazy combos of chicken and curry that they put on chips and it's pretty awesome
  • The weather- I never thought this would matter to me, not being an outdoorsy sort of girl, but it rains too much here. Sunny days are so rare that it's almost as exciting as a snow day
On the up side I did something here that you can't do in Oklahoma, I visited Stonehenge and, well, it rocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment