Friday, September 7, 2012

I arrived in London on the 5th so I have officially neglected my poor little blog for 3 whole days and I have so much stored up to report on! Here are the highlights:

  • 8 hour plane rides suck, even people who have never flown probably know that.
  • The weather has been perfect! Not a rain drop or a cloud in sight the whole time I have been here!
  • London is a very awesome city with a horribly confusing mass transit system, I didn't get lost or anything, but I was afraid I might.
  • Gower Peninsula is the most naturally beatiful place I have ever been to ( when I'm not exhausted from three straight crazy days of travel, I will post some pictures of it).
  • People from Wisconsin really do have an amusing accent (one of the other students is from Green  Bay)
  • Welsh people are extraordinarily friendly! They put everyone else to shame when it comes to just being amazingly helpful and cheerful about it.
  • British food is just enough like American food that you think you are knowing what you are getting when you order it, but just different enough that in the back of your mind you wonder if you were given someone elses food.
So far I am having an amazing time, but it still feels like I'm on vacation at this point and I'm just not sure how well I'm going to handle it when I realize that I am not going to see my family (or my dog) until 102 days from today. I already miss them even though I am using skype and facebook to try and keep up with them as much as possible, at the end of the day I still feel like I didn't get to say all of the things that I wanted to say. Hopefully having this additional form of communication will help me deal with the comm overload.

No comments:

Post a Comment